Sunday 18 December 2016

Feeling Thankful


Over at the IndigoBlu Blog this month we are all sharing our projects about feeling thankful. I am extremely thankful for the amazing opportunities that have come my way this year, and the incredibly talented artist's that I've had the pleasure of working with in this year's journey.


I love looking at Pinterest for idea's and tutorials, and one of my many boards holds quotes, so with this in mind I decided to create a book to keep all my favourite thankful quotes in, so when I'm having a down day, I can give myself a little reminder of why life is good!

I started with an in-expensive chipboard album and gave the covers a coat of White GeeSsoGood to seal the board. Once it was dry I cut Damaged Damask paper to cover the outside of the front and back covers, and Damaged Dots paper to cover the inside.


On the outside of the covers I stencilled through the Script Stencil with White GeeSsoGood once this was dry I repeated the process on the inside using the Damaged Damask Stencil


When the covers were completely dry, I sanded around the edges to get rid of any excess paper and also to give a distressed look.


I stamped out a quote from the Grand Tour II Stamp Set and cut it out using one of the Spellbinders labels dies. I also cut a flourish out and inked around the edges of both using Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink.

I wanted a small image for the front of the book, but the Lost Family cards were a little too big, so I cut out the picture from the front of the packet, it was the perfect size. All she needed was a little colour adding with coloured pencils.


I used a scrap piece of fabric to create a background and arranged the sentiment, die-cuts and image over the top of it, perfect.


The book has lots of pages ready to add the inspirational quotes onto as and when I find them.

Elizabeth x

1 comment:

Cec said...

Very pretty and looks like it was very quick to accomplish - my kind of project.
Hugs!
Cec