Tuesday 18 October 2016

A Country House Autumn


 A little Autumnal project from me today using some of the gorgeous products from IndigoBlu


 I stamped out the Country House Door stamp twice on to Perfect White Stamping Card, and chose Cottage Garden Paints in Autumnal shades, to colour with.


 I started with the palest shade first, Lemon Meringue and built up the colours to create Autumn leaves around the door, and in the plant pots. as I was going to be fussy cutting one of the sheets to decoupage on top of the other, I only painted in the elements that I was going to use.


As the colour builds up it blends beautifully together.


Once everything was dry I fussy cut around the planters, lamps and also the front door.



I found this small wooden box frame for a £1 at one of the craft shows. It's made of pine and after a coat of White GeeSsoGood, and a little stamping with the Crackle Background stamp and gorgeous Pheasant Bronze paint, it looked perfect for my project.


I used words from the Grand Tour II stamp plate as I always love to get home and in through my own front door after travelling, and snuggle in my own bed.  I cut the wording into four strips, added some coloured pencil around the edge to tone them to the project, and also inked around the edges to frame them.


 Then it was just a case of putting everything together in the frame, the background, the decoupaged planters, lamps and door. And to finish off I added a couple of little bunnies from the  Winterland Wood stamp set, Black Glass Glitter for gravel and a couple of gems for door handles.


Hope you've enjoyed my project, see you soon.
Elizabeth x

3 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the images, love the colours and am in love with your project, thanks for sharing x

SewPaperPaint said...

So very cool and beautifully designed!

Jenny Marples said...

I adore this!!!!!!!!! xx